Before!

5/10/07

Appointment Update

First of all, let me say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE my surgeon. He is so nice and so caring and helpful. I am so glad to have had him do my surgery!!!

I made the drive to office and got stuck in traffic 2 exits away from the hospital/office. UGH! Everytime I go I have traffic/car "issues"!! haha (See my PAT day post-flat tire). Anyway, I called and they said it was fine... another class was starting at 2:45 so I was ok.

I finally made it there after sitting in traffic for 30 mins., in 90* temps! The sun was beating down, but I turned off the A/C, opened the sun roof and enjoyed the weather! It's about time summer came to OHIO!!! :D

I got to the office, parked and got in. The office is great. They are all so friendly and I just love them to death. I met up w/ my friend Robyn too! (She had surgery the same day I did and we walked the halls and watched AI together in the hospital! A great friend for life!!)

So we weighed in, met w/ the NUT, and then had our check up w/ Dr. Ben Meir. When I weighed in and it only showed a 7 lbs loss, I had to confess about my pre-op weight gain. *ugh* The nurse just shrugged it off and went on. The meeting w/ the NUT was pretty lame. She didn't give us any new info except that Dr. Ben Meir had lifted his ban on red meat. Originally, he said no red meat for 4-6 months. Now we can have finely ground red meat at 6 weeks, but no roast or steak for 4 months. I can live with that.

Dr. Ben Meir was stuck in surgery so my group (there were about 6 of us) sat together in the 2nd waiting room. Robyn and I talked and laughed and compared notes. LOL Neither one of us has gotten sick on anything yet and we both have lost about 20 lbs.

When I finally got in to see Dr. Ben Meir I was nervous that he would yell at me for the weight gain or whatever but he was awesome!!! He asked me how much I was eating and yada yada yada and then I blurted out that I had a confession and I spilled the beans and I cried. I felt so stupid but it was like once the dam was broken it was broken. lol

He looked me dead in the eyes and said, "Amber, what does it matter now?? I could do the surgery laproscopically, you had no complications and you are already down 20 lbs. What does it matter what happened then?" Then he added, "You go on from here. That is the past and it doesn't matter."

OMG, I could've kissed him. He changed my chart, to show that I had lost 20 lbs. I felt so much better walking out of there. He also said that everything looked great, and that he would see me again in July for my 3 month check up! :)

I came home and we went to church last night. I hadn't been for about a week and a half. When I walked in everyone came running up telling me how great I looked and that they could tell I was losing. That felt awesome.

So there is progress. :)

No comments: