February 2007-part 2

The appt. w/ Dr. Lee [Edit Post]on February 14, 2007 7:35 amPublished
was less than 5 mins long although I had to brave blizzard conditions to get there! We got a ton of snow dumped on us yesterday and today, but I made it over! He ordered the CPAP and they should be calling me and arranging to have it delivered to my home. I am assuming that won't happen this week... they'll have to wait for the roads to clear I bet. It's ok though b/c I only have to be on it for at least 2 wks. before surgery so we're good to go there.Friday is the psych eval and THAT'S IT!!! I can't believe it... I'm almost ready to submit to the insurance!!! YAY!

Only two things left to do! [Edit Post]on February 13, 2007 6:41 amPublished
I am meeting w/ Dr. Lee at 1:30 this afternoon to go over my sleep study results and get going w/ the CPAP machine. That thing was so annoying that night but I did feel better the next day after using it... I'll be glad just to get this weight off and not have to use it but still keep breathing at night!I keep thinking of how great it's going to be to be skinny! I can't wait to be able to go into any store and pick the style I like instead of having to settle for what fits. I can't wait to be able to look good in my clothes and feel confident in how I look. I can't wait to be able to run w/ my kids this summer!! I'm really getting excited!! I am so ready to have this DONE!!!It seems that most people have their lists of what they want to do once they have surgery... I think I'll make one of those too.

A small set back... [Edit Post]on February 12, 2007 2:28 pmPublished
I went this morning and completed the Upper GI/Barium Swallow... GAG!!! He said everything looked good. :)I also got the results for my sleep study and have an appt. to meet w/ Dr Lee (family doc) tomorrow to go over those and figure out where and how to get the CPAP machine I'm supposed to have.At 1 p.m. I was supposed to go and complete the MMPI at the psych office but once again they messed up. First I went last Wed. and was only able to talk to someone for about 5 mins and explain what I needed... then scheduled me for Tuesday at 4 p.m. The next day I got a call and they said that I didnt' need the MMPI (which my surgeon requires, though insurance does not.) So they rescheduled me for Monday at 1 p.m. I show up today and once again they messed up. They said that the MMPI is online or something, but the program they ahve is outdated and they didnt' realize it b/c they don't use it much..blah blah blah... Now I have to wait until they get the updated disc from the company and return Friday to take the test. But on the bright side...they said that they can fax it right away so all of my stuff should still be in to the surgeon office by Friday.I really wanted everything done by today, but waiting until Friday is ok too I guess. They did give me a gift card to the gas station for wasting my time! lol Hopefully by next Monday I'm waiting for insurance approval!

Meeting with surgeon-- complete!! [Edit Post]on February 6, 2007 9:56 pmPublished
Check another thing off the list!! I met w/ Dr. Ben Meir today and it was amazing!! He is great and the staff is so friendly and wonderful! :)I arrived a little bit late but I had called them before hand and was worried I'd have to reschedule, but they said, don't worry and just to get there in one piece! :D When I got in the building they put me and 2 other ladies in a smaller waiting room and showed us a quick video, then did our weights and measures seperately, took our before pic and let us know what we still needed to do for insurance purposes.Next, I went across the hall and met w/ Dr. Ben Meir. I am going to update the surgeon section on my thoughts about him.After that I paid my membership fee and LaTonya gave me the last bit of paperwork I needed and I was on my way! I was there for about 2 hrs.I am so excited, nervous, scared, anxious, happy... you name it... I feel it!! Ahhh!!!So, what's left.... ----Get sleep study/CPAP results and get machine. I have to be treated for sleep apnea for 2 wks. prior to surgery.----Go to psych eval. tomorrow afternoon at 2. :) I think I will have to meet w/ the psych one more time next week to do the test that is required.----Go to hospital and get GI test done and have results sent to CCBS.Then... submit to insurance for approval!!!All of these things should be done and into the CCBS office by next Friday I'm guessing... so I may even have an answer from the insurance company before the end of the month!!!!I also have to be off birth control pills for 6 wks so I stopped taking those today.LaTonya told me they are scheduling for March right now!! I wonder if I'll get a March date???

Check another thing off the list!! [Edit Post]on February 5, 2007 8:11 pmPublished
CPAP tiatration- complete!And let me tell you... it was HORRIBLE!!! I hate that machine and I hate the stupid little mask! The tech said it would be the best night of sleep I'd had in a while... Ummm... no! It was horrible. It took me an HOUR to fall asleep and even then I kept waking up...and that was after I was on my second mask. I pray I never have to do one of those again!! At first he put the mask on me when I was sitting up and he was in the room just showing me how it worked and I felt like I could breathe ok and everything was fine. Well we went into another room and he put the electrodes on me... (another not so fun thing!! Icky glue everywhere!!) When we came back and got me settled in, I totally felt like I wasn't getting enough air. Bad feeling!!So I laid there for awhile trying mind over matter and really giving it my best shot, but I honestly could not breathe. Then I realized my whole right nostril and sinus was plugged. Good grief. I ripped the mask off.The tech came in and told me that an hour had passed and I had not fallen asleep yet. (No kidding!!) So he gave me the other mask to try... which was the one w/ the little nose holes and it left the rest of my face clear. MUCH BETTER!!I was probably asleep within 10 mins. I remember waking up a few times... mostly to move and then also once when one of my electrodes came un attatched. I also got very, very thirsty but didnt' want to bother getting up so I just went back to sleep. Blah. Also, I had told him that I need to be out of there by 6 a.m., which he said was fine. I was very upset when he work up me up and told me it was 6:15 and then gave me a stack of survey's to answer. Grrr!! DJ was supposed to be at work by 7:30 and he has a 20 min. drive, not to mention the sleep lab is an hour from my house!!! Needless to say he was late this a.m.! :(It was -4 degrees this a.m. and I didn't even have time to let the Expedition warm up since I had to rush home. They said the windchill was -25 degrees as I was driving home. BRRRR!!!I came in and crashed on the couch and ended up sleeping another 2 hours. Best night of sleep in while? Hardly. But, on the up side... IT'S DONE!! Woo hoo!Next step... meeting the surgeon tomorrow afternoon! :D

No comments: