Before!

5/5/07

March 2007- part 3

PAT DAY and 25 days pre-op... [Edit Post]on March 22, 2007 4:08 pmPublished
Ok first of all, I weighed the same today as I did at my consult on Feb. 6! Go me!! I was proud. Now, let me tell you about my adventuresome day...It started last night actually...Since I had to be on the road by 5 a.m. I decided to stay over night at my mom's house with the kids instead of trying to get everyone and dressed that early. It was good for the kids, but omgosh! I had ZERO sleep. Gabe was so hyped up being away from home, that he was up til midnight! Then I had to get up at 4 a.m.! :zzzzzz: I made it on the road by 5 a.m. though and making great time. It takes about an hr and half to get there and I was actually going to be alittle early. Around 6:15 I was on the phone w/ DJ while he was getting ready for work and all the sudden I heard a huge BOOM! I thought someone hit me, but actually my tire had blown out. I got off to the side of the freeway and got out and sure enough, my tire on the back passenger side was in shredds! It was still dark and I was almost in down town Cleveland. The traffic was whipping by and I had no idea how to change the tire. I called DJ back and he said he'd come rescue me, but it would take an hour for him to get to me. It was so scary standing on the side of the road with these semis zooming by... it shook the expedition, the ground, everything! I ended up calling Mr. Roadside Rescue and they had a guy out there in about 20 mins. He got me all fixed up and back on the road by 7:30ish. I called hospital and told them I was on my way and only ended up being about 30 mins. late. I went in and got registered w/ a very nice lady who was also a baratric patient, 3 yrs post op. She looked great and told me the BEST news of the day! I DON"T HAVE TO GIVE UP COFFEE!!!! Next I did the pulmonary function tests. These made me dizzy and then I had to cough a lot after. LOL I have haven't smoked for 7 yrs but they could still see some damage I had done to my lungs way back then. Isn't that crazy?Next was the EKG, nursing questionaire, and blood workup. After that we headed upstairs for coffee and breakfast... we had tons of paperwork to fill out and had to speak w/ several different staff memebers.I met some great people too! In fact, one of the other ladies has her surgery on the same day as I do! I guess that's all for now... I have a lot of material to digest right now and Im' exhausted from the drive and getting up so early. Night!

30 days pre-op... [Edit Post]on March 17, 2007 7:31 amPublished
30 days. My entire life will change in 30 days. I have been tempted to focus on my surgery date and allow myself to become ansty and impatient and yet I dont' want to wish my life away. When I was 8, I couldn't wait to be 10. Then at 10, 13 was the next goal. To be a teenager! At 13, I wanted to be 16 so I could drive. At 16, I wanted to be 18 so I could be an adult and buy cigs! lol Of course, once at 18, I wanted to be 21. Once I hit 21, I really didn't worry about age anymore... instead I found myself pregnant 3 times and each time I've found myself crossing the days off the calendar up until my due dates. Watching 40 weeks crawl by painfully slow! Now I look at an 8 yr. old, an almost 5 yr old and a 7 1/2 month old baby and think, where did the time go??I'm refusing to do that when it comes to the time tables for this surgery. To be completely honest part of it is b/c I could die on April 16th. I don't want to spend the last 30 days of my life wishing them away. Does that sound morbid? Maybe and yet I think I'm in the middle of learning a life lesson here.Yesterday I celebrated my 28th birthday. I'm not old by any means and yet the aging process is starting to get to me. I mean, afterall, I remember my parents being 28 yrs old. I remember where we lived, what we did for fun, how they dressed and acted. I recall how uncool I thought they were. Ha! Now I look in the mirror and see my 28 yr old self and think, where did the time go?My parents will both be turning 50 this year. I bet they are asking the same question.And so... I sit here 30 days pre-op and though I am excited and really wanting to get this thing over with, I am fighting tooth and nail to keep from wishing my life away anymore. I've lived in this fat suit for years. I've had the fat girl mentality since childhood and in 30 days I'll be able to start letting those things go. I am so ready, but believe me, I'm gonig to enjoy life to its fullest for the next 30 days.


34 days pre-op [Edit Post]on March 13, 2007 7:04 amPublished
I just want to say that, I hope my journey can be a help to people who are concerning the surgery and I'm not afraid to write about my experiences here. I'm glad I have this forum.OK...so on the preparation front... let's see...All day yesterday I spent feeling nervous. I'd think of the surgery and wave of nausea would pass over me. Just plain fear I guess. Today I feel excitement. I stepped on the scale this morning... 267. So I have offically gained about 9 lbs in the last month. I am going to get that back off before surgery. I read a wonderful comment on OH.com yesterday and it has stuck with me. A woman was talking about a pre-surgery diet that she has to follow and a poster replied and said, "Don't be upset about having to follow a diet pre-surgery...afterall, this is weight that you will lose and KEEP OFF FOREVER!! You'll never have to lose those lbs. again."That was a huge wow moment. In one month my yo-yo dieting...up 50 lbs... down 60 lbs.. up 30... down 60... etc. etc. will be no more!! Sure, I realize some WLS patients do gain 10 or 15 lbs after all is said is done... BUT I will NEVER EVER EVER be where I am now again. EVER. PERIOD.I feel so free knowing that. It gives me hope. That I made the right choice in having this surgery. I can't wait.


I'VE GOT A DATE!!!! [Edit Post]on March 12, 2007 11:10 amPublished
Pre-admission testing will be March 22, 2007Surgery date is April 16, 2007!!!!! 35 days to go....My head is so full right now!!! I have so much to do... so much to get ready...so much to plan for! WOW!

.
IT'S OFFICAL!!!! Waiting is over... [Edit Post]on March 9, 2007 8:01 amPublished
As soon as I hung up the phone, it rang again and was LaTonya!! She had the authorazation and was letting me know that she was giving my chart to the scheduler! :D I'll have a date soon!!! And now I wait some more!! hehehehe

No comments: