Before!

10/17/07

Admitting things...

So I guess I need to admit some things so I can have ya'll tell me how I need to shape up.

I haven't taken my vitamins in weeks. I forget. I know that is no excuse but it's the truth. My life is CrAzY right now. I run from 7 a.m. to after midnight every single day, non stop. Does anyone have any idea on how I can remember to take the stupid things? If I could just take them all at once it would be so much either. I realize this is part of having the surgery, but dang it...How do ya'll remember to take all that crap?

Second...I've barely eaten this week... Monday I had 1/2 of a Honey Mustard Melt sandwich at work and a few bites of chili when I got home after working 12 hrs. Tuesday I had the other half of the sandwich and some yogurt when I got home at 10 p.m. Today I've had coffee and that's it b/c my freaking teeth hurt so bad I can't talk let alone chew.

The teeth are the issue today, but honestly, the last couple of weeks, I've barely eaten anything. I just don't like food anymore. Is that normal??

I'm 6 lbs. away from having lost 100 lbs. in 6 months. I am so freaking happy, and yet I nkow I need to take better care of myself.

I know the root of it is that I'm working too much. I never wanted 40 hrs a week, ad yet here I am doing it. My boss doesn't want to let me go part time, and the money is good there... so what do I do? It's nice to have extra cash for extra things. It's nice to be able to stash money away and know that we are on the track to actually being ahead and staying ahead, but at what price? I miss my kids alot b/c I'm working 2nd shift.. and though they are with DJ I know they need Mommy too.

Iy yi yi. I'm pretty stressed right now.

3 comments:

Dagny said...

AMBER! I was starting to almost forget about you!

First of all, I knew you were really going to change when the big weight started coming off. WOW.

Second. YOU MUST NOURISH YOURSELF. You just have to. You can seriously screw yourself up. Yes it is normal for some people to feel like they just want to blow off eating. I've gone through periods like that.

Put your vitamins with your toothpaste and brush.

Find a protein source you can consume no matter what. Even if it's a bar you carry and eat like it's a snack I'd say food triggers are the least of your issues right now. You must have nourishment!

Michelle said...

You need to take your vitamins...pop a baggie with them in there in your pocket and when you are running around in the day reach in and take them...they are so important. And as for eating, girl you need to eat, for your health. I met a girl in the surgeons office on my last visit who had her surgery out of state. She neglected her vitamins for ages and now she has a major problem, she is 32 and walks with a walker and will now for life, I can't for the life of me remember the name of it, but it is serious...

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber!

I found you through another blogger as I am just eating up any blogs where WLS is a theme as I am gearing up for it hopefully in the first part of 2008. Anyway, in regards to the vitamins, I found this little gem that you may or may not have seen, but once I have surgery, I plan on sticking it on my fridge! Someone else wrote it, but I posted it on my blog as I liked it so much!

http://knitten-kittens.com/2007/10/04/no-crying-in-baseball.aspx#Trackback

Good luck and best wishes!